WE DEFINE “PII” TO MEAN ANY INFORMATION RELATING TO AN IDENTIFIED OR IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON; AN IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON IS ONE WHO CAN BE IDENTIFIED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN PARTICULAR BY REFERENCE TO AN IDENTIFIER SUCH AS A NAME, AN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, LOCATION DATA, AN ONLINE IDENTIFIER OR TO ONE OR MORE FACTORS SPECIFIC TO THE PHYSICAL, PHYSIOLOGICAL, GENETIC, MENTAL, ECONOMIC, CULTURAL OR SOCIAL IDENTITY OF THAT NATURAL PERSON.
Please also read the CTRL's Terms of Service which describe the terms under which you use our Services which describe the terms governing the processing of personal data provided by users of the Services.
1. Information We Collect and How We Use It. In order to provide and improve our SOLUTION, we may collect and process PII, including the following types of information:
1.1. Information You Provide. For registration purposes, for example for purpose of providing you with a demo to our Services or opening an account, we ask you for personal information, including, without limitation your name, your professional affiliation details including address, email and phone numbers.
1.2. User Communications. When you send email or other communication to CTRL, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Solution.
1.3. Third Parties. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties actively permitted or added by you through the API integrated to our services made available through the Solution (for example, Google, Asana, Salesforce, etc.). You will consent to the integration of such API on an individual basis. Ctrl's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
1.4. User Information. When you use the Solution, we may automatically receive and record information from your browser or device, including without limitation information and statistics about your online/offline status, your IP address, internet service provider, pages visited, date and duration of the visit, search history, type of browser, your regional and language settings and software and hardware attributes. Our systems may automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Solution. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your browser on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. CTRL uses such PII in order to understand the usage trends of our SOLUTION and improve it.
1.5. Aggregate and Analytical Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the customers of the Solution, we often conduct research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the PII and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. We also use aggregate data for monetization.
2. Cookies. In order to collect the data described herein we may use temporary cookies that remain on your browser for a limited period of time. We may also use persistent cookies that remain on your browser until it is closed, in order to manage and maintain the Solution and record your use of the Solution. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your browser. Cookies do not damage your browser. Most browsers may allow you to block cookies but you may not be able to use some features on the Solution if you block them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie (this enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not). We may also use web beacons via the Solution to collect information. Web beacons or "gifs", are electronic images that may be used in our SOLUTION or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
4. Children. If you are a child under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Solution. CTRL will not knowingly contact or CTRL with children under the age of 18 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
6. Information Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We retain your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
8. Your Rights.
8.1. Right of Access and Rectification. You have the right to know what PII we collect about you and to ensure that such data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it. We allow our users the option to access and obtain a copy of their PII and to rectify such PII if it is not accurate, complete or updated. However we may first ask you to provide us certain credentials to permit us to identify your PII.
8.2. Right to Delete PII or Restrict Processing. You have the right to delete your PII or restrict its processing. We may postpone or deny your request if your PII is in current use for the purposes for which it was collected or for other legitimate purposes such as compliance with legal obligations.
8.3. Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your PII. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing your PII based on your consent before its withdrawal.
8.4. Right of Data Portability. Where technically feasible, you have the right to ask to transfer your PII in accordance with your right to data portability.
8.5. You may exercise the above rights by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8.6. Right to Request Information on Transfers. You have the right to request certain details of the basis on which your PII is transferred outside the European Economic Area. Please be aware that certain information relating to such transfers may be partially redacted or restricted due to data transfer agreements or reasons relating to commercial confidentiality.
8.7. Right to Lodge Complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your PII.
12. Your California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Notices. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of CTRL who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year. You are also advised that CTRL does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Last Date Updated: January 20, 2022.